background

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Quilted with Love

I have always wanted to make a quilt, at least one in my lifetime.  So when we decided to move Eli to a big bed, I decided to check of something from my bucket list.  The boys have both recieved so many baby blankets and quilts from family that I knew my opportunity to make something would come in the form of a full size quilt.  I wanted the quilt to be colorful and boyish, but some thing that could grow with Eli (and Henry) for quite a few years.  The only real print in the quilt are tires, so I think that my fabric selection will work.  I just so happen to know a few people who are wonderful quilters, which has made the process much easier.  It's pretty ambitious of me to make a queen size quilt as the first quilt I've ever attempted, but I seem to be doing okay so far. 

Here are just a few of my finished quilt blocks
 These are all of my finished blocks layed out and ready to be pieced together.
 Eli loves to watch me sew.  Here he is last weekend as I finished sewing my blocks together to make my top.  Currently I'm working on my border, then it's off to be quilted!  I can't wait to show you all the finished product & tuck my sweet boys in, under this quilt made with love.



No comments: